CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Currently listening...

1. Bomb the Bass - Black River
2. Sigur Ros - Saeglopur
3. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
4. George Acosta - Trust
5. Whitest Boy Alive - Golden Cage (Fred Falke remix)
6. Tiesto and BT - Love Comes Again
7. Kaskade - Sweet Love
8. Pearl Jam - Black
9. Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs
10. Narcotic Thrust - I Like It

This is a VERY random selection for this month. I guess the one I can't get enough of is Golden Cage. This is a song that may take a little getting used to but pretty soon you'll find yourself humming it at work, etc. It is FUNKY and a lot of fun! This song came from Skip, as did Black River. Another one that is a lot of fun. It is dark and delicious!

I Like It was one of the songs that R___ and I used to listen to before we went out. We would be driving in the Lexus with all the windows and the sunroof down and have the music up as loud as possible, just belting the lyrics and dancing. I heard another song that was on the same CD recently which reminded me of this one and I had to add it to the list.

Saeglopur is on a commercial for the Prince of Persia video game and it is absolutely beautiful. It has a piercing melody and a good balance between elements. I think it's a little hard to listen to the entire seven minutes, but it is good for background music that you can tune in and out of. While I don't listen to the whole thing at once, it is still a good find.

The other songs listed are my "oldies but goodies" for this month. A friend of mine reminded me of the lyrics to Black and got me thinking about that. Other than that, the Tiesto/BT is a favorite as is Sweet Love. But I can pretty much guarantee that anything Kaskade is worth listening to.

0 comments: