CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Currently listening...

This month's posting is an entire album (as I do from time to time). It is the first CD in a two-disc set compiled by Armin Van Buuren titled: A State of Trance 2009. The first disc is On the Beach. Here is the tracklist:

1. John O’Callaghan feat. Lo-Fi Sugar - Never Fade Away (Andy Duguid Mix - On the Beach Intro Edit)
2. Sunlounger feat. Kyler England - Change Your Mind (Myon and Shane 54 Remix)
3. M6 - Paradise Lost
4. Ron Hagen & Pascal M - Riddles In The Sand
5. Mat Zo - The Fractal Universe
6. The Blizzard with Gåte - Iselilja (Sunn Jellie & The Blizzard Dub Remix)
7. Monogato - Miami Vibe (Omnia Remix)
8. Josh Gabriel presents Winter Kills - Deep Down
9. Myon and Shane 54 feat. Aruna - Helpless (Monster Mix)
10. tyDi feat. Audrey Gallagher - You Walk Away
11. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces
12. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing At All
13. Jerome Isma-Ae - Shaguar
14. Dash Berlin with Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Man On The Run (Nic Chagall Remix)

My favorites are 1-2, 7-10, 12-14...so basically the whole album. My favorite lyrically is You Walk Away but the best drop is in Helpless. It gets down and dirty and it's so unexpected that you'll probably have to listen to it a couple of times right off the bat. Man On the Run is all-over incredible; a MUST listen for everyone. Deep Down is a fun one and the first one that caught my attention. I love the guitar on Miami Vibe (which I'm listening to right now). It's a bit more trancey than I usually like but the guitar tempers it to the point of love for me.

If you like Armin or trance or electronic music in general, you won't be disappointed in this album. In fact, I would even go as far to say that you will be blown away by it like I have been. This album is worth listening three, four, better make it 20 times. Thanks G___!!

0 comments: