CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

All By Myself, Don't Wanna Be...

Wait a minute...I DO want to be all by myself. I moved into an apartment by myself a month ago and I have LOVED every minute of living alone. I miss G___ and the girls, but really do enjoy having my own place. I have realized that I can be a much neater/cleaner person than I have been in the past. I have made my bed EVERY single day that I have slept in it and I've been keeping the rest of my house neat and tidy. Of course, it helps that I don't have much furniture (or space), but even still, I vacuum and dust and have scrubbed the walls and floors and doors.

I have never really needed a lot of alone time but I've always enjoyed being home alone. Now that I'm home alone pretty much all the time, I've come to appreciate and value my alone time. I like being able to be selfish. The idea that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want is something that I've never REALLY considered before because I love spending time with my friends. But I've found in the last month that there have been times when I would rather stay home by myself than go out.

This girl is growing up (finally) and (maybe) becoming an adult!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! You crack me up! I agree with your whole blog post! It is fabulous being alone whenever you want! I think you become more aware of who you are and what you want in life... its kind of funny who you become when you live on your own!

Matt and Piper said...

Good luck being able to stay all by yourself. I think that it's great for awhile, but there are some days that you want to surround yourself with the people that love you. But this way, at least you get to decide when that time is.