CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Currently listening...

1. Tal M. Klein - Emmylou's Petting Zoo (Omegaman Remix)
2. Incubus - Dig
3. Tal M. Klein - Plastic Starfish
4. Kaskade - It's You It's Me
5. Jack Johnson - On and On
6. Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold
7. Incubus - The Warmth
8. Incubus - Clean
9. Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
10. The Bravery - Time Won't Let Me Go

I think this is the most random "Currently listening..." yet. Tal M. Klein. AMAZING! He mixes funky beats with awesome melodies and great baselines. I can't stop listening to him. If anyone is interested, www.myspace.com/plasticstarfish. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Back to Incubus. I will always love their music. It doesn't necessarily cheer me up, but it expresses things I feel for me so that I don't have to discover how to express it myself. The Warmth is one of my all-time favorite songs because of the lyrics. Clean is more about the beat for me. I love the opening of Clean and it will always make me think of going to see Napoleon Dynamite when we were in Phoenix for Piper's wedding. We were walking out of the theater and I heard the song start. I knew that I knew the song, but it took me a few measures before I could place it.

Now Kaskade. I know I've written about him before, but honestly, he is one of my favorite (and one of the most talented) house djs. It's You It's Me is my favorite Kaskade song, but really, they're all good.

The question posed: Would you rather be blind or deaf? I don't even have to think about it. I could not live without music. There would be no point to my life if there wasn't a soundtrack to it. A soundtrack to my soul. Obviously, then, I would rather be blind. Absolutely no hesitation, no doubt.

I was at a club one night, and someone asked me if I had ever heard the song that was playing. The answer was no, so the follow-up question was how I knew when it going to drop, or when the beat would break. The answer: I just feel it. For those who appreciate house/trance/electronica/etc. it just works. You just feel it. You get it and it does something for you! JUST FEEL IT

0 comments: