CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

swine flu shot and cleansing

Originally, I set my alarm for 5:45 a.m. yesterday to go over to the Salt Lake Valley Health Department for my H1N1 vaccine but when I was woken in the middle of the night by G___ and K___ texting me, I reset it for 6:25. Turns out I should have gotten up even earlier than I was planning. When I woke up, I looked out the window (since I live right by the SLVHD) and could already see cars lining 200 East and the surrounding streets. I got out the door as quickly as possible and got in line around 6:40. I walked quickly down to the corner and when I got there, I was a little warm and glad that I hadn't brought a scarf or hat. Then I waited for four hours outside. 90 minutes into the wait, I was pretty cold. Two hours later, I finally made it up to the building and was in the sun. It felt WONDERFUL. After that, only 30 more minutes and I was inside!! As long as the wait was, I was so glad I had my iPod with me, the reason being two-fold:

- I had music to keep me entertained and dance to
- If I had had to listen to all those kids for four hours, I probably would have killed myself
I'm glad I was able to get the vaccine although there's no way in hell I would have waited that long if I wasn't diabetic. Speaking of, I'm going to my endocrinologist tomorrow and hopefully my A1C will still be in the 7% range. I think it will be; it may even be lower than last time. The cleanse helps me use less insulin and keep my blood sugar under control.

This is the fourth time I have done the Master Cleanse (well, sort of...the third time I did M'Lis which only has three days of the lemonade) and it gets easier each time. Today is Day 4 and I am cruising! I do not feel hungry or tired and I was only a little foggy on Days 1 and 2. Truthfully, I feel great and am looking forward to finishing on Friday to see how much better I feel then. Of course, I'm flying to Kansas Saturday morning so I'll feel great no matter what!

0 comments: