CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes 2010

September 2, 2010 will be the nine year anniversary of my diagnosis with diabetes. Today I participated in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes for the first time. A friend of mine has a daughter who is also a Type I diabetic and she was diagnosed nine years ago as well. A mutual friend of ours told me she was doing the walk and I decided that maybe I should give it a shot. I raised $160 in donations from family members and co-workers. I would like to thank all those who gave so generously.



The walk was held at Wheeler Farm and we got there pretty early so that we would have time to get our t-shirts and find the rest of our team. For raising $100, I got this t-shirt:





The girl who's team we were on designed these t-shirts so that our team would match:



The walk was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I did it. After we walked there were treats and games and a rock wall and the kids (and some of the adults) played while we ate the lunch provided by the sponsors. All in all I have to say I'm a little disappointed in myself for not participating sooner and fully plan on doing it whenever I am able to from now on.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the shirt! Very cool. The walks are lots fun. They always gave me a little hope for a cure!

megan nice said...

Indeed...they've been saying for the last decade that the cure is "just around the corner" so hopefully it is!