CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

my downstairs neighbor

every time i check email on my phone, several wireless networks pop up, and one in particular has a very strong signal. since i started school this semester, and all of my classes were online, i decided that i should find out whoever this network belonged to, and get in on it so that it would benefit me with having the internet at home and the owner with a reduction in cost. i heard my downstairs neighbor come home one evening so i walked down and knocked on his door. i asked if he was the owner of the wireless network _______ and he said yes so i asked if he wanted to split it. he told me that he would have to find the password and that he was on his way to class at the moment, but would get back to me soon. i waited a few days. then i waited a couple more. after a week had passed, i saw him on the porch and asked once again. he told me that since his roommate had moved out, he had gotten stuck with a huge internet bill (the first one including installation, etc, etc) and so qwest had cut service for now. then he said as soon as he got things figured out, he would let me know. after that day, he disappeared. this was about two months ago. then a couple of weeks ago i was talking to the across-the-hall neighbors, and they said that they thought he must've just deserted the apartment because nobody had seen him in weeks (months, really) but that there had been no for rent sign up yet. i figured they must be right and resigned myself to setting up my own internet (which is now currently being done through my phone). today i started doing laundry and as i came out of the laundry room to head back upstairs, lo and behold, the downstairs neighbor's car is parked outside. it just leaves me scratching my head and going, huh??

0 comments: