CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I kinda want one...

I've had the girls home sick with me for the last few days and it has reinforced the feeling of wanting a child that I started having a couple of weeks ago. We were at S___ house and I found myself envious of my friends that are parents. Most of the time I love being the aunt or godmother but this particular night I was keenly aware of the fact that there are certain things only a mother can do for children, whether they are hers or not.

Now, truthfully I don't believe that I will ever have children. And I really am okay with that. It's not because I'm single and think I won't ever find anyone or the fact that I'm diabetic. There are several reasons (which I choose not to discuss at this time) for this belief. I guess it's just that the experience of having the girls all day is something that has tripped my biological clock. But I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Sheesh! Couldn't have said it better! I totally understand what you are feeling! At times I feel so baby hungry because I feel that ALL my friends have kids, when in all actuality, very few of them do. I know I am not ready to have kids and I know eventually I want them. I feel like sometimes my thoughts are distorted by society, because in Utah I am getting too old to have kids!