CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lawrence, KS and Thanksgiving Update...

So I put on my ruby slippers, clicked my heels three times, and I'm in Lawrence, Kansas! How amazing is that?

Seriously, I am in Kansas until Tuesday and this is the first time I have been where there are no mountains. I'm completely disoriented and have no sense of direction. Not that I need to know where I am; I'm in Kansas for goodness sake! I have a friend just about finished with his master's degree from the University of Kansas so what better way to spend my Thanksgiving weekend except out here in the heart of the country I am thankful for? There's probably a few things I can think of that might be better, but I am having fun regardless.

On a slightly different note, we cooked Thanksgiving dinner this year and I am extremely proud of the way things turned out. All the food was not just good, but very good and we only had to call various family members for help/instructions three times. Overall, an AMAZING holiday! What's on the lineup for Christmas??

I just have to reiterate this one more time (at least for now): I have the most amazing friends. I hope everyone at some point in their life experiences a relationship like I have with these people. We should all be so lucky...

0 comments: