CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Girls, girls, girls

I originally posted this back in February and am reposting it now. It's interesting to note that when I first posted it, I was living with these girls and it just so happens that the last month I have been living with them again.

Here is the original post that I saved when I removed it:


So I moved in with a friend of mine for the month of February and she has two kids. Obviously I've been around children most of my life, but it's been a while. The three year old, Kalaya, likes to climb in bed with me. It's great because I like snuggling her but she falls asleep with a bag of crackers every night. Crumbs. Everywhere. For some reason, I can feel every single, tiny, miniscule piece that ends up between the sheets. Now I know why I was never allowed to eat cookies in bed.

Kalaya is a tantrum thrower. I know I was pretty bad, but I don't remember most of it. Nile, on the other hand, I remember throwing herself on the floor and hitting her head and screaming. This is the kind of tantrum Kalaya throws. Multiple times a day; especially at dinner and bath time. Dinner is a very casual affair. Very rarely are we expected to sit together or even eat together, but every so often when it is required, the girls don't like this change in routine. Kalaya has the scream that is so high pitched it makes you think your ears might start bleeding. This is a tantrum scream, but it's also a playtime scream. It becomes difficult to differentiate between the two, and my ears hurt regardless.

Allee, on the other hand, is fairly reserved. She is eight and EXTREMELY smart; we do her homework together and then she reads to me. She has just started losing teeth, and lost one of her front ones last week. It's so adorable with that space right in front. I don't get as much Allee time as I would like, but it is what it is, and Kalaya is a good substitute. I love these girls and it's been rewarding to have young children back in my life.
That's all.

1 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

did i know you had s BLOG?? I THINK NOT! CUTE, LOVE IT!