CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm one of those people

I am one of those people that "surprise" takes my friends on dates. Actually, I never had until last night, but it was a fairly major faux pas.

So I was supposed to go to the Picasso to Monet exhibit with this guy last week, and (half) jokingly I said okay but only if he would take Girl too. He said yes, so then I told him that Skip was coming along as well. No big deal. We didn't end up going to the museum but started talking on Monday about going out this week. So we decided to go to Desert Edge last night to sit on the patio and I asked him if he minded if Skip and Girl joined us. A couple hours later, I received a phone call from Girl wondering if Scott could come along. I hesitated on this one. But in the end said okay. Mostly because Scott's been out of town the last two weeks and I just miss him and wanted to see him. Is that bad?

First off, I rode to the restaurant with Girl and Skip. I live with Girl, it makes sense since I don't have a car to ride with her. So already I felt like we were ganging up on him a little, albeit unintentionally. We went inside and met the guy, and I know that we can be slightly overwhelming so Skip went to the bathroom, he met Girl and then met Skip a couple minutes later. So far, so good. I still hadn't told him that Scott was coming, and I almost felt bad about it. Anyway, Scott showed up and met the guy and we grabbed a table and sat down. Girl and I can be a bit of a handful when we get together. We know this. Since Scott had been out of town, Girl and I got into our high-pitched, excited voices and start talking and laughing hysterically. The poor guy next to me at that point was not only on a non-date with me, but I had my three BEST friends with me and was more into them than I was into him. Oops.

Long story short: We were there for a couple of hours and I didn't completely ignore my date, but I was definitely not as attentive as I could have been. And I ALMOST felt bad.

0 comments: