CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It is what it is

My favorite saying in the whole world:

it is what it is

Fits any situation, really. To me, it means that whatever "it" is might be good or bad, but however I might feel about "it" doesn't change anything.

For example: The fact that someone very dear to my heart is lying to me upsets me not because of the actual lying, but because there's absolutely NO REASON for the lying. But, it is what it is, and I accept it and now take everything he says with a grain of salt, and a hint of skepticism. To call him on it would risk pushing him away and the lies are not earth-shattering so, to me, the cons outweight the pros of addressing this issue.

While I could go on and on about this saying, I just started feeling very lazy and will suffice it to say this:
Whether or not I am successful in keeping this in mind for interpreting circumstances that I come across does not change the fact that it's something I strive for. It helps me clear my head and not react (or overreact) in the heat of the moment. It prevents my "crimes of passion."

0 comments: