CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So I talked to S___ yesterday...

I have the most amazing friends. Seriously. Not because of anything they do for me specifically, just because of who they are, and the way they enrich my life.

We went to Logan on Saturday for a friend's birthday. It wasn't his birthday party, just his birthday and some of his friends in Logan happened to be having a party. So when everyone was getting ready to crash, and he wasn't quite ready to go, I decided to stay with him since the whole reason we were in Logan was because of him. We ended up talking for about 12 hours. A lot of it was talking things out and talking things through, but a lot of it was also just
T A L K I N G. I learned so much about this person that means more to me than almost anyone in my life.

I didn't know I could love people as much as I love my current (and forever) group of friends. Someone outside of the group made the observation that "It's like you're all in love with each other," and when I heard that, I had to agree. I have my friends, family and lovers (in the sense that we're all in love with each other) in one group. Does it get any better than that? My friend and I got along these lines of conversation and were talking about being single versus being in a relationship. At this point I wondered: What if, in twenty years, we're still single. But we have this AMAZING group of friends. Would it really be so terrible to have six other people that you're in love with and that mean everything to you for the rest of your life, as opposed to having that one person? That one person could be everything and absolutely incredible, but would it really be a bad thing if we had each other instead?

This is something I've been giving a lot of thought to over the last little while and I have come to the conclusion that for me, having six is far better than having one. I would rather be where I am with my family than conform to society's standard of "settling down" and being in a traditional relationship. I love my friends; I love my life more now than I ever have before. And that is largely due to my hand-picked family that IS my life.

1 comments:

Scott and Jen said...

That friend you spoke with for 12 hours wanted me to tell you he thinks you're amazing. He had such a great time chating away with you on swings, at the Angies and in church. xoxo