CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sign language

We left a friend in charge of Kalaya one day. Not for the whole day, just for an hour. What we came home to was sweet little Kalaya Maggie Vincent doing sign language. This friend had taught her how to say "I love you, Mom," in sign language. Here's the picture:


Since the picture is a still, and motion is involved, I'll explain it. To say, "I love you, Mom," in sign language, you put your hands above your ears and extend each index finger. Then, in rapid motion, retract and extend each finger while moving your tongue in and out of your mouth like a lizard. Easy enough.

The other sign she learned was the actual "I love you." I showed her how to do it and positioned her hand correctly. Then she started waving it around and translated, "I love you forever!" I think it's going to catch on.

So yesterday I asked Kalaya to do "I love you, Mom" for me so I could take a picture to show people how to do sign language. Her response at first was no, but then she said okay, if she could do the Shep face first. Not big, just little. So here's a picture of that:

0 comments: