CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Currently listening...

1. Armin Van Buuren - The Sound of Goodbye
2. Jes - Imagination (Kaskade remix)
3. Sunlounger - Another Day On the Terrace
4. Sultan - No Why (Starsweeper Summer Breeze remix)
5. Robbie Rivera - Float Away (Ali Dubfire remix)
6. Starsweeper - Sexual
7. Rui Da Silva - Touch Me
8. Coldplay - Don't Panic
9. Rise Against - Swing Life Away
10. Sunlounger - White Sand (Armin Van Buuren remix)

My friends and I create albums. We don't just make "mix-tape" compilations, we actually compose a track listing according (as much as possible) to beat matching, style, etc. Our albums have titles and the most recent one we made was "Skip's Picks, Vol. 1" which contains some of the songs listed in this month's posting. The CD is all trance, but not too hard.

I first heard a DJ friend's mix of No Why about a year ago and fell in love with it. I had never heard of Sultan, but loved this mix. Since then, and especially recently, I have heard more and more from Sultan, and have come to appreciate him as a producer, and a DJ. I got to see him play at the Depot the night before Thanksgiving, and he was INCREDIBLE!

The Sound of Goodbye is one of my favorite Armin songs. It is dark and dirty and I love it! The other track from Armin (well, his remix anyway) is White Sand. The guitar in this song makes me so happy every time I hear it.

I love Jes' voice. Skip and Girl found Imagination one night and couldn't stop talking about it. I have to say, I agree with their high opinion of the song, but wouldn't expect anything less from Kaskade.

As always, all the tracks listed are definitely worth checking out. They make my life enjoyable, or when things are really bad, at least bearable.

0 comments: