CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

mommy moments and unemployment

Since I am unemployed, I have become a part-time nanny for my goddaughters, who I live with. I posted earlier about having them home sick with me, but I also have them frequently in the evenings as well.

Wednesday morning G___ took Allee to school and went to work early. I was supposed to get Kalaya up and ready for school, and her dad was going to pick her up. I went in to wake her up and started calling her name, rubbing her back, gently shaking her and even giving her patty-pats. She told me her tummy hurt but I know she doesn't like getting up in the morning and told her that I would make her some toast, and that would probably help her feel better. Apparently, I'm not very convincing because that had absolutely no effect on her whatsoever. I called G___ and told her and while I was on the phone, I turned around and Kalaya had her hand over her mouth and I could tell she was vomiting. I grabbed her pajama top (which had been tossed on the floor in the middle of the night) and dumped her hand into it and then grabbed her to take her into the bathroom. I was still on the phone, while carrying Kalaya and getting thrown up on. Fine, whatever. She's four, and it really didn't bother me all that much.

I put her in the bathtub, stripped the bed and started a load of laundry with sheets, and both mine and Kalaya's pajamas. I put fresh sheets on the bed and new pajamas on Kalaya and we went and climbed back in bed. I had a bowl next to her and we were cuddling with her CareBear. My back was to her and all of a sudden, I heard her coughing and once again, my shoulder was covered in vomit. *BREATHE* It's okay. These things happen. But there's a bowl ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HER!! *BREATHE*

So we went through the whole ordeal again of cleaning up, but instead of getting back in bed, this time we sat on the living room floor, with the bowl in her lap. This time, I'm ready.

Well, she was fine the rest of the day but all I could think was this: This kind of thing isn't supposed to happen until AFTER you have children. Again, it honestly didn't bother me all that much, but even still...I got thrown up on twice but a sweet, sick little girl.

Regarding my job hunt: Today marks the 52nd day that I have been unemployed. I have applied for close to 100 jobs and have had two interviews. The few weeks I've had off so far have been nice and while the main driving force behind my job hunt is the income thing (go figure), I am already extremely bored and fear that too much more of this will drive me to a Fear and Loathing type experience, dragging my family with me. Only in this case, we're going to Mexico.

0 comments: