CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Currently listening...

1. Gabriel and Dresden - Enemy
2. Oceanlab - Miracle (Martin Roth vocal remix)
3. Eurhythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again (Freemasons remix)
4. Chris Lake - Only One
5. Oceanlab - On a Good Day
6. Treitl Hammond feat. Dominique - Little More (Manendra remix)
7. Goldfrapp - Black Cherry
8. Nightmares On Wax - 70s 80s (RJD2 remix)
9. Robbie Rivera - Float Away (Dubfire remix)
10. Chris's Last Words

Eight of the ten songs listed remind me of Christian. Unfortunately, the last song listed is one that I may never know the actual title or artist because it's part of one of Christian's sets. S___ titled it "Chris's Last Words" so I'm going with that but won't be able to truly share it.

"Enemy" is on the same set and it is my new favorite song. My favorite line is "incremental changes and incidental highs". But really, all of the lyrics in this one are very meaningful, at least to me.

I remember the first time he played "Here Comes the Rain Again" for me and G___. We were at a house party down in Provo in September and S___ came and brought us to the dance floor to hear it.

The two Oceanlab songs and "Little More" are on Skip's Picks: Vol. 2. "Little More" is nice and dirty and fun to dance to. Oceanlab helped me and my family get through the days just following Christian's death.

I remember Christian talking about "Only One" and "Float Away" with G___. And that's how most of my music is. It reminds me of him because I can hear what he said about it. Or I remember the look on his face the first time he played a song. Or how excited he was about doing a remix. Thank you, Christian.

0 comments: